In 2010, the world was introduced to Instagram, a fun and beautiful way of sharing photos with family and friends. But in recent years, it has become a huge hub for talented and pioneering female entrepreneurs, especially in the GCC. Selling everything from designer abayas to customized phone covers, a new generation of Instagram entrepreneurs, or Instapreneurs, are disrupting local markets with their creative designs, marketing and business strategies.
Before social media, many women in the UAE couldn’t afford to compete with household names in the fashion and design industry in terms of money or marketing. By creating a new space for young talent to spread their products and ideas, Instagram is allowing more and more women to enter the world of entrepreneurship, where they are quickly becoming household names and industry powerhouses in their own right.
Even though there is a growing community of talented artisans and designers in the UAE who are flocking to Instagram to promote their beautiful creations, there are very few events and resources available to support them in their journey to Insta-success. So, on Wednesday May 20th, Melltoo Marketplace is hosting “Instagram Entrepreneurship: The Key to Succeeding in Style” The eventwill take place from 6 to 8pm at In5 Innovation Hub, at Dubai Knowledge Village, with the aim of bringing together successful and aspiring Instapreneurs to support and inspire
Receive an exclusive promo code by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and click the button below to register!
By inviting experienced Instapreneurs to speak, we hope to provide a unique opportunity for the young, homegrown talent of the UAE to learn from the experience of these self-made female entrepreneurs. The speakers include Fatma AlMulla, an Emarati visual artist and founder of the pop culture brand FMM, Ayesha Siddequa, founder of a namesake abaya and women’s ready to wear line and the Creative Director of Future Fashion and Latifa Al Shamsi, a Dubai blogger and founder of a namesake ready to wear and accessory fashion line.
Come and join us on May 20th and prepare to fall in Insta-love with these amazing Instapreneurs and Instapreneurs to be!
The event is an invite-only, so anyone who is interested in attending must send an email to email@example.com with the subject “Instagram Entrepreneurship Invitation Request” to receive a promo code. Once you receive your promo code, please go to our Eventbrite page to register and print your e-ticket
Date: Wednesday May 20th 2015
1) Fatma Mohammed Obaid AlMulla, An Emarati Visual artist, graduated from the American University of Sharjah, majored in Visual Communication (graphic design) and minored in Photography.
Fatma has always been interested in art/design/photography/traveling and has participated in numerous exhibitions in the UAE showcasing digital photography. She recently created her own khaleeji pop-culture brand named “FMM” (the 3 initials of her name, Fatma Mohammed AlMulla) where she observes social and cultural problems, stereotypes and misconceptions and addresses them via detailed illustrations and tongue and cheek Arabic captions. Created in Dubai with love, FMM by Fatma alMulla is now stocked all over the Gulf..
2) Ayesha Siddequa, Originally from India Ayesha lived most of her life in the Middle East. 12+ years of corporate life came to an end when she decided to pursue her passion of running her own business. Ayesha started her label Ayesha Siddequa in 2014; a collections of Abaya’s and Women’s ready-to-wear for her customers who are chic and glamorous with an edge. Ayesha is also the Creative Director of Future Fashion, an online marketplace that brings together sustainable fashion brands from around the world
3) Latifa Al Shamsi, is a Dubai based blogger who has an immense love for her city and everything beautiful. She started blogging around 5 years ago, and 2 years ago she started a clothing line with her sisters called Queen L out of her passion for creating and designing. Latifa’s growing love for fashion has motivated her to start her own line of Latifa Al Shamsi ready to wear and accessories. Expect Latifa’s first launch, called the Capsule Ramadan collection, to be available starting May 2015.
Key Discussion Points:
• How to get started on Instagram
• How to attract followers
• How to create engaging content
• Best practices for dealing with logistics
• Tips and advice for new Instagram entrepreneurs
• Define issues and concerns and strategies to manage
6:00 – 6:15 Registration
6:15 – 6:45 Keynote speech (20 minutes talk/10 minutes Q&A)
6:45 – 7:15 Panel talk
7:15 – 8:00 Networking